On time as always! Happy New Year.
20. Vampire Weekend – Modern Vampires of the City: Ok kids, we get it. Good work.
19. Scott & Charlene’s Wedding – Any Port In A Storm
18. Charlie Parr – Barnswallow
17. My Bloody Valentine – MBV: Per usual, I can’t understand a fucking word, but still pretty cool.
16. The National - Trouble Will Find Me
15. Rilo Kiley – rkives: Hi!
14. Tegan & Sara – Heartthrob: I went there.
13. Jason Isbell – Southeastern
12. Charles Bradley – Victim of Love
11. Yo La Tengo – Ohm: So good it’s ranked twice.
10. Clinic – Free Reign II: I’ll keep a spot reserved for The Black Angels, but they need to step their game up. Clinic Drone+
9. Kurt Vile – Wakin On A Pretty Daze: Maybe it’s really good or maybe the relentless ad campaign succeeded.
8. The Field – Cupid’s Head: You can have your Daft Punk hype. I’ll lay back w/ Cupid’s Head.
7. Portugal. The Man – Evil Friends
6. Foxygen – We Are the 21st Century Ambassadors…
5. Junip – Junip: Good album anchored by “Line of Fire” – possibly the best the song of the decade, or at least since “Sprawl II.” Or maybe “Buriedfed.” Hell, I don’t know. Amazing tune w/ plus points for Breaking Bad cameo.
4. Arcade Fire – Reflektor: Great stuff. not their greatest stuff.
3. Neko Case - The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You: Took me a while but I’m so happy I took the while.
2. Run The Jewels – Run The Jewels: No hiphop aficionado, but you can have Yeezus and all the other false idols. Killer Mike + EL-P reign.
1. Phosphorescent – Muchacho: This is just some beautiful stuff. Mercy.