Has everyone gone through List Withdrawal? I’ve been a little busy, so I wasn’t able to get out a best/worst of ’12 list. It was an election year, so it would’ve taken me 6 mos. to put it together at this rate. Basically… This guy…Michigan Republicans. She’s cool. He’s not. They’re screwed. This guy is terrible. But not as bad as him. Like these guys. Was somehow a big deal. Love you buddy! This still stinks. A lot of sad. They’re still the worst. America.
So I did throw this Favorite Music of ’12 list together. It’s below. Reminisce at your leisure.
25. Kelly Hogan – I Like To Keep Myself In Pain: Here.
24. Ty Segall – Twins
23. Strand of Oaks – Dark Shores
22. Neil Young & Crazy Horse – Psychadelic Pill: Album Art makes we want to get after some hard drugs. But so does watching PBS. Don’t do drugs.
21. Joe Pug – The Great Despiser: Some pretty beautiful stuff here. Would be ranked higher if I didn’t nearly nod off while listening to this behind the wheel on multiple occasions.
20. The XX – Coexist: Standard.
19. The Raveonettes – Observator
18. Brian Jonestown Massacre – Aufheben: Not the same offerings as the glory days, but some groovy business nonetheless.
17. Bruce Springsteen – Wrecking Ball: Missed the tour. Made the list.
16. American Aquarium – Burn.Flicker.Die: See above.
15. Gary Clark Jr. – Blak & Blu
14. Lord Huron – Lonesome Dreams: See Here.
13. Wussy – Strawberry (11/11): Here.
12. First Aid Kit – The Lion’s Roar: Sing little darling, Sing with me.
11. Bob Dylan – Tempest: Bob.
10. The Walkmen – Heaven
9. Lee Fields & The Expressions – Faithful Man: Good.
8. Andrew Bird – Break It Yourself: Favorite Bird album since Armchair Apocrypha.
7. Jack White – Blunderbuss
6. Kendrick Lamar – Good Kid MAAD City / Section 80 (’11): lot going on here.
5. Black Moth Super Rainbow – Cobra Juicy: you are so cool.
4. Father John Misty – Fear Fun: Only Son of a Ladies’ Man.
3. Japandroids – Celebration Rock: here.
2. The Shins – Port Of Morrow
1. Killer Mike – R.A.P. Music: Picked it up and haven’t stopped listening. Brilliant stuff. I’ll leave it at that so I can get started on my Best of ’13 lists.